Tuesday, October 25, 2011

The White House Tour

 Leave it to me to mess up, yet again.   My wallet/mini purse did not pass inspection at the White House tour, so I had to run back to the Smithsonian Museum area to find a locker to put it in.  See, we parked at the free parking today and it was a couple miles away.  Christian warned me, but I didn't listen.

Christian and the kids went through on an earlier tour and I took a tour about twenty minutes behind them.

 The tour was of many of the famous main floor rooms, like the "red room."  It was lovely.  I can't say I care for the 1st family living in the white house, but it is a historical landmark.

I was very grateful it all worked out in the end and we were all able to go through.  I enjoyed the peace and quiet of going through by myself.  Just outside the gates were a lot of protesters and such and a little further out there were protesters camped out.  It was a little crazy.

No comments: