Sunday, September 20, 2009

Annual Escondido 1st Ward Pinewood Derby/Chili Cookoff

Usually our family goes crazy and makes 4 cars to race in our annual ward Pinewood Derby/Chili cookoff. We usually place in the top 6 and the past two years we won 1st and 2nd place (Amara's car, both times). I usually enter my chicken chili in the contest as well. This year, I just wasn't feelin' it. Nope. We just dusted off our old cars and called it good. I think I made chili, but I didn't even get honorable mention. At least I didn't bring canned chili. :0)

Joseph had much better luck this time around with last year's car.

He ended up getting 3rd place, or something like that. He devoured his winnings before we even reached home.

We had a fun time, anyway. Amara even brought her neighbor friend, Lea, along for the fun.

Aleya had the most fun of all . . . racing her own car for the very first time.

No comments: