Monday, April 13, 2009

Spring Break Road Trip--Day Five

Kartchner Caverns State Park

So, we just had to try one more roadside tourist attraction, two hours from Phoenix. We got a late start from Phoenix and didn't arrive until noon. Our tour tickets were for 1:30PM, meaning that we didn't leave until around 4PM, with a 7 1/2 hour drive ahead of us to get back to San Diego. Ugh.

They did not allow photography, nor video-taping, of the caverns, so I took pictures in the visitor's center/museum.

The kids had a nice time and enjoyed the caves. They had too many rules and regulations, which were difficult to enforce on a 6 and 2 year-old, so it made it more difficult for Christian and I to enjoy the caves. (Rules: No photos or Filming. Don't touch anything but the railing, don't let your clothing brush against anything, don't talk and disturb others, etc.)

I was glad to finally get out of there! We had a really long drive home and finally made it to our home around 12:30AM. I kept Christian awake for a while and then switched with him when he was getting drowsy, so we didn't crash.

No comments: