Sunday, January 11, 2009
North Carolina or Bust!
View Larger Map
Soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo . . .
Christian has known for a week and didn't tell me. He said he had to sort it out in his mind, first. That's nice (sarcasm). Anyway, we're off to Camp Lejeune in North Carolina (I have no idea how to spell it). I guess I should google it or look it up. I intentionally chose not to learn much about it prior to now . . . other than that most military people say "oh, you don't want to go there." It is in the town/city of Jacksonville, North Carolina, on the coast.
We've fasted and prayed a lot about our future and I feel that if that's where the Lord wants us, then so be it. I'm fine with that.
The good news is that if Christian petitions the hospital, they'll allow him to do ERCPs, just like one previous Navy doctor did there. Prior to this, we thought he wouldn't be able to do them. Brooks Cache (GI Specialty Leader) says he'll try and protect Christian from deployment . . . whatever that means. He could just be trying to soften the blow.
Well, I guess I better find out a little about where we're going and where the best places are to live, etc. I do have some insider help (lots of Marines and their families in our neighborhood who have lived there).
Of course there's a slim to none possibility that we won't go there, believe it or not. It turns out that the GI doctor who's at Camp Lejeune right now, doesn't want to leave. The Navy is trying to force him to retire, but he doesn't want to go nicely and has hired a lawyer. Good luck suing the Navy.
I think they should either open up Camp Pendelton to a GI billet or turn the 1 year unaccompanied GI Navy billet in Germany to a 3 year billet. There's always hope, right? It won't happen in time to help us, though.
So, there you have it. We will soon be off on a new adventure in August 2009.
Love,
Andrea and Christian
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)






4 comments:
We are really excited to have you closer!! Won't it be funny when mom tells people that you live in N. Carolina and I live in S. Carolina!! They'll be like how'd that happen?
Good luck on yet another chapter in your great adventure. That's crazy that your sister lives in South Carolina. Your blog is really cute. Looks like you had an amazing Christmas.
Deveri
You blog is very cute!
You don't kow me but I went to HS with Christian. My husband grew up in the same neighborhood as he did as well! I found you blog through Todd and Melissa. I saw on your list of blogs on your sidebar that you have Ben and Tiffany bookmarked. Ben is my brother. Small world! :)
I've been sending you email and I don't think you're receiving it. We are visiting San Diego soon and I don't have a phone # or anything for you. It would be a shame if we didn't get to see you while we're there. Check your junk mail.
Deveri
Post a Comment